We Put YOU at the Heart of All We Do
Join the Touro Family & Receive the $5000 Caring Heart Scholarship
Health Care Education Transformed
Becoming an occupational therapist means that you put others at the heart of what you do, helping them to live the life they deserve. And at TOURO, we put YOU at the heart of all we do, supporting you from start to finish.
That's why we created the Caring Heart Scholarship. Those that apply at the link below by March 15, and are then accepted, will automatically receive a $5000 scholarship award. We know that your expenses don't end with tuition. This $5000 scholarship can help you pay for everyday expenses like food, gas, or housing once your tuition is paid. You must apply by March 15, 2024 to be eligible.
We're confident that our nationally accredited Occupational Therapy Doctoral Program will teach you to provide compassionate care that makes a difference in your patients' lives; and, it's our hope that the Caring Heart Scholarship will make a difference in yours.
Scholarships Are Limited – Apply Today!
Need a Little More Info First?
We’re here to help. Just fill out this short form and one of our admissions team members will reach out.
Admission Requirements Overview
Jasmine Giles Class of 2022
- Baccalaureate degree or higher
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prerequisites of human development, abnormal psychology, psychology, anatomy w/lab, physiological w/lab, statistics, humanities, natural science, and writing/composition
- Two letters of recommendation
- Shadowing or volunteer experience (waived 2022-2023 application cycle)
- GRE is not required
- For new 2024 OTD cohort applicants only between December 8, 2023 and January 19, 2024.
- Application must be submitted online through OTCAS.
- Application must be completed by March 15 with all required supporting documentation and with Touro University Nevada designated on the application to ensure it is received by our admissions department.
- $5000 scholarship will be funded after enrollment is confirmed and classes have commenced for the 2024 - 2025 academic year.
- Scholarship awarded via personal check except in the case of an outstanding balance on the student account, where it must first be applied, before any remaining balance is funded by check.
Full admission requirements can be found in the university catalog.
OTD Common Questions
You will find answers to some of the most common questions about the program. For answers to common questions on the general application process, please visit Admissions & Aid.
Yes! However, all supporting materials, such as transcripts and letters of recommendation, are still required. All supporting materials must be submitted directly to the Office of Admissions prior to matriculation.
Campus interviews are conducted from September through May. However, be advised that, due to the high number of applicants, we utilize rolling admissions. It is possible that all interview slots will be filled prior to the OTCAS deadline. Interviews are based on rolling admissions and may be canceled or added as needed.
Yes, the application process is on a rolling basis.
- Rolling admissions signifies that applications are reviewed as they arrive through the Centralized Application System and/or Touro University Nevada admissions application.
- The committee review selection begins after applications are verified and will continue until all the accepted seats are filled.
- Once the available positions are filled and the waitlist is maximized, the application review will end for the cycle. This may take place well before the stated deadline(s) due to the volume of applications.
No, at this time Touro University Nevada’s OTD program does not require a GRE to be taken for admission.
No, the School of Occupational Therapy does not accept AP placement scores, experimental learning, or transfer credits.